Aquapure Traveller Water Filtration Bottle (APT)
Effective against: Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Salmonella, Hepatitis A & E, Norovirus, Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Tapeworm, Polio, Travellers Diarrhoea
Benefits for the YellowWood Traveller
- Reduction of risk of acute infection and chronic illness from drinking contaminated water
- Avoids dehydration (through lack of access to clean water)
- Safe water for taking medications and for minor wound irrigation
- Easy to use
- Collect and go from any non –saline source and drink when ready
- No wait time
- No unpleasant taste associated with chlorine based chemical disinfection products
- Environmentally friendly – avoids one use plastic bottle waste
- Robust bottle
- Easy to clean
- Excellent value: Each bottle purifies 350L of water. At RRP of £39 that means a cost of 11.4p / l. We are subsidising the bottles, offering YellowWood travellers a bottle for £20.00 working out at only 5.71p/litre! For comparison, in Tesco’s, a 500ml of Highland water will cost you 25p (and mean use of a plastic bottle that will end up as waste).
How does it work?
The purification core or Mechanically Advanced Disinfection capsule (aka M.A.D) contains up to 500 layers of pores between high surface area, sub-micron, charged neo-alumina fibres, Powdered Activated Carbon and antimicrobial silver impregnated zeolites.
The fibres create a natural electropositive charge, which covers the depth and void volume between the fibres and removes negatively charged submicron particles (e.g. viruses). Larger particles, e.g. bacteria and parasitic protozoan pathogens, are captured by electro adhesion and mechanical action, with the restriction of pathogenic cysts by mechanical restraint within the fibre matrix.
The small PAC particle size produces a rapid reaction with chemical contaminants.
The silver ion impregnate in the -2 micron zeolites is used to inactivate and inhibit growth of retained bacteria and is only released by ion exchange allowing for controlled delivery.
The media component is permanently bonded to the cap and is replaced as a complete unit when necessary
Effectiveness in tests:
The AquaPure Travller (APT) bottle is the culmination of over 20 years of continual development of the product in terms of the bottle and the purifier cap.
- FDA approved plastic cap that can be removed with one hand, or when wearing gloves
- Integrated cap and purification module with a capacity of up to 350L of water
- Unique shape acts as a physical pump
- The bottle is made form food grade FDA approved low-density polyethylene
- Water capacity of 700ml
- Weight empty: 83g
- Weight full: 786g
- Dimensions: 220mmH x 70mm D
- Colour: Titanium and Black
- Operational range from 0-50degrees C
T's & C's
- One subsidised APT bottle per YellowWood booking after deposit payment received.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your bottle. Payment (£20) can be made by BACS to YellowWood Adventures Ltd, Sort Code 309626, Acc 24258768. Please use the reference APT-, followed by your surname eg APT-Thompson
- We will then ensure that there is a bottle available for you at your start hotel. Please note that we are currently not able to post your bottle out to you in advance of your adventure (but this does mean more space in your luggage!).
If you would like to purchase a bottle, please contact us.